Friday, July 13, 2012

You, me, or nobody is gonna hit as hard as life

Today wasn't my best day, and I know I am going to have days like this. I didn't workout or did I go on my night run. I kept telling myself that I need to, I just couldn't get off the couch. My drive today just wasn't there, I don't knows what my problem was, but I just couldn't get going. I am stuck at a plateau and feel like no matter how hard I workout I cant get over this hump. Maybe that is why I feel like I am in a funk. Hopefully, I will get over it. I need to I really need to
Someone actually wrote me a comment today on one of my post and it made me feel good that I reached someone. Someone who has gone through the same problems I have. She has fought her battles with weight loss and weight gain. How an employer told her she would find more success in her job if she was skinny. Who tells that to a person? "Oh hey, I was gonna give you a raise but I cant you are fat." That is discrimination if I have ever seen it. But you know what I have been there. There are jobs that I didnt get and in my mind all I could think was "I didnt get that job because I am fat." It might be true and it might not I will never know. But in my mind it was.I felt D's pain and sadness in her story, and I wanna help her and be there for her if she needs someone to talk to. It was great that she could open up to me and share with me her story. This is what I wanna do, I wanna not only help myself but also help people fighting the same problem as myself. Cause being fat is a problem, it is not just bad habits and being lazy. Its a problem that can not be fought alone. There has to be encouragement. The encouragement has to come from people who feel their, pain who know what they are going through. Its easy for someone who is not addicted to some say stop, it is harder for them to stop if they knew how hard it is......... Thank you D for sharing your story with me

Have a good night all, it is bed time
Gonzo

 Let me tell you something you already know. The world ain’t all sunshine and rainbows. It’s a very mean and nasty place, and I don’t care how tough you are, it will beat you to your knees and keep you there permanently if you let it. You, me, or nobody is gonna hit as hard as life. But it ain’t about how hard you hit. It’s about how hard you can get hit and keep moving forward; how much you can take and keep moving forward. That’s how winning is done! Now, if you know what you’re worth, then go out and get what you’re worth. But you gotta be willing to take the hits, and not pointing fingers saying you ain’t where you wanna be because of him, or her, or anybody. Cowards do that and that ain’t you. You’re better than that!-Rocky Balboa

No comments:

Post a Comment