Thursday, July 26, 2012

I am a Failure

Failure is defined as an omission of occurrence or performance. There are many failures one can encounter. And I think that I have encountered a lot of them. I have failed at being healthy, I have failed at a marriage, I have failed my family and friends and I have failed at different careers. I know when I have failed in the past I felt like I was letting people that cared about me down. Like I was disappointing them in away. But the truth is the only person I was letting down was myself, I was disappointing myself. Sometimes failure just finds you. Like today for example, I woke up ready to hit the gym had my protein shake and was ready sat on the couch and that is where I stayed until it was time to go to lunch with my mom, grandfather and uncle. In my head I told myself I would go workout after lunch, but did I... Nope. I sat my happy fat ass on the couch and played video games; until Erin came over to hang out. So I said "Mike you will go on a nice night run to end your day". But did I NOPE, NO I didn't. So what happened to me today, why did I do this to myself. And I really have no answer for it. I feel like I failed myself, like once again I feel like a failure. I have felt like a failure so much in my life and am so tired of feeling that way. It is probably one of the worst feelings one could have. I let myself down. I know what a lot of ya'll will be saying "Mike, it was only one day, its ok that you missed on day." You know how many times I have said that to myself in the past. The answer to that question is a lot, more than you think. So to all my readers out there I am sorry for failing you today. I just know tomorrow I have to make up for it. Like I said before #NEVERSTOP, and I promise you I am not going to.

What I wanna know to all my readers is tell me about a time you overcame failure and how it felt. I would love to hear from all of you to understand who is going on this journey with me. I thank yall for taking time out to support me...

Gonzo

1 comment:

  1. Mike,

    Im enjoying reading your posts. I to have been in your shoes with the weight. I have found that working out as well as eating is more of a mental problem than a physical one. I dont eat becasue I'm hungry, I eat because it's comforting or because it cures my boredom. The key is to making your body tell your mind that you are going to work out or you arent going to eat those french fries. I have found that if i start my day off with a workout and end my day with a workout then I feel so much better and I tend to eat healthier because it's pointless of working out if you are going to eat bad.

    Getting dressed for working out is one of the easiest ways to make yourself go to the gym. If you like to workout first thing in the morning, then as soon as you get up, get dressed. Drink your protein shake on the way to the gym. I always say, that physically getting myself to the gym is all it takes because once I'm there, it's on!

    ReplyDelete