Friday, July 13, 2012

Skinny people aren't fat...

So today I have got a lot of comments on my post, I appreciate all the kind words of encouragement. It is what people need when they wanna change. So today I was watching this show about people being over weight and doing something about it. I really didnt understand why a skinny person is telling a fat person how to be skinny. That skinny person has no idea what it is like to be fat. Yeah it is easy to say go work out, go walk the park, and eat different. When walking down a flight of stairs makes you lose your breath you fear working out. When your knees hurt with every step you take walking is not fun, and most of it feels you with pain. And to all the sudden stop eating the things that make you happy is hard for a person to give up. What I am saying is someone who has never been fat can not say it is a simple as going for a walk, cause it is not.... Also when reading this dont be afraid to follow me or sharing my link with people. I wanna hear from people, I wanna hear about their challenges and how they overcome them. I wanna help fat people change themselves and find something that makes them happy......

1 comment:

  1. I completely understand each and every word, Mike. I've struggled with weight my whole life. Being adopted into a thin family is even worse, as they really don't understand. My half-sister is just an inch shorter than me, and naturally just 90 lbs, even though she eats and drinks whatever she wants. My father is constantly telling me how pretty I'd be if I just lost the fat. He's even bribed me in my adult life with "If you lose (X) lbs, I'll do this for you...." In high school I was anorexic, eating "mustard sandwiches" in front of friends, pretending there was the same meat & cheese in it as theirs, bulimic at times when I'd go throw up the yummy i fratelli pizza I just ate to keep my weight at 150 lbs. It crept up to 240 lbs at the age of 22, because I actually ate food, and working an office/desk job kept my tail in a chair most of the time. At the age of 23 I started working again on losing it, after a boss of mine told me I'd get farther in my career if I wasn't so obese. I couldn't exercise due to pain until I was closer to 200, so a 1200/calorie/diet forever, and lots of tears, helped me get there. A year later, and working my butt off EVERY DAY I got down to 165. At the age of 26, due to a divorce, I got back down in the 150's. But by the age of 32, I found myself back in the 210's again. This year, I've worked my butt off again, every day, and made my way back to the 170's. I weight myself every morning, sometimes more than once a day, trying to convince myself I don't need to eat when I'm hungry. I'm a tall & big-boned female, but according to the charts, unless I'm in the 150's, I'm overweight. Unless someone has that "overweight gene", they just don't understand, and I can feel their eyes go to my belly, or my arms during conversations, and it makes me want to cry and scream at them that I'm trying. Every day.

    ReplyDelete