Monday, July 23, 2012

NEVER STOP...

If you dont know where you are going, you'll end up someplace else...
                                                              Yogi Berra...

Today starts a new week for me, a week that I am going to change up my workout to try to get off this damn plateau. Last week I only lost 2 pounds and didn't go running as much as I wanted to. I know I worked a lot and was tired, but that is not a good excuse of why didn't. I know I could have made more time to get out to the gym or the road. I just didn't, there is no excuse why i didnt. So in a way I let myself down a little bit. I know what you are gonna say, "hey you are allowed a off week, and hey man you lost 2 pounds that is good". Well to me it is not good, it kind of depressed me a little bit. Made me feel like I was failing myself by not getting up and doing what I promised myself I would do. That feeling is a hard feeling to deal with. I know I can't let it get me down. I just have to use it to have a better week. I can promise you that I will have a lot better week. I will be working out hard and hoping that I can see a 10 pound week. I know I am shooting high but I have to set a goal. I will let you know what I do. I know in my heart of hearts this is going to be a great week...

On the plus side this week. I received a tweet from Jason Lester a Nike athlete that through Nike is going to make the world a better place. Lester found the Never Stop Foundation, which aims to use athletics to teach its young participants how to think creatively about their lives. I got the pleasure to meet him at Nike Dallas when he was on his Journey for a Better Run. That journey sent him running and biking 4,800 miles across the United States. While his journey he was spreading the Nike message that a better world starts with sports. Meeting him and hearing his story inspired me to start my own journey and change my life. This is the tweet that was sent between me and him. 
 meeting you has inspired me to change my life, please check out my journey to be better 
 -- Meeting you has inspire me to NEVER STOP inspiring others. Write it all down. Show yourself who you want to BE!

By doing this I am  trying to inspire people to do the same way while I am on mine. It does start with a commitment to yourself. By making that commitment to yourself you will be the only person you will be letting down if you dont complete or try. 

Like Jason says NEVERSTOP and never give up......

No comments:

Post a Comment