Wednesday, July 25, 2012

"I Can't"...

You know how you always say "don't say you can't". Well you no it is easier said then done. I know from experience that when your fat, "I can't" is a saying that just rolls off your tongue. Whether it be I can't make it to the gym today, or I just can't say no to fast food. Most the time it isnt a body thing it is more like a mental thing. Its not your body saying "I can't" its your mind. Its like all the fat cells in your body and your want for food takes over I know a time that I remember I said "I can't".
My family all went to Hawaii for my grandparents 50th wedding anniversary. I mean the whole family was there. So anyway some cousins and I decided to go on a hike and climb Diamond Head. It sounded fun at the time, but if you think about it a 300+ guy climbing up a mountain is not a great idea. Well about 3/4 of the way up I mean really close to the summit, I had to stop. Mentally I really didn't think I could make it so I decided that I couldn't finish the climb. Its not like it is a hard climb either I mean they have a path and stairs that lead to the top. I told myself "I can't" do this, "I can't" go any further. My weakness won over my will to say I did it. So what did I do, I did what I always did. I blamed it on a knee problem I didn't have. I used to always blame my knee as if I had surgery on it or something. There were times that it really did hurt, but that was because I am fat; and I was carrying about 200 pounds more than I should have. I don't know why I did it either I know I could have made it. It was like I got it in my head I kept coming up with reasons why I couldn't go on. Like my mind was shutting down and giving up, even when I was so close. I do think I could explain it anymore than just plain giving up. Getting beat by myself, not my body. It wasn't my body shutting down, it was my mind.
Fat people all around the world give reasons why they cant get up and go work out. Why they cant just walk up and down the block for an hour. Why they can't just get on a treadmill for 30 to 60 minutes on a slow walk. The first words out of their mouths are always "I can't" followed by the excuse. My knees hurt, I don't have time, I wouldn't know where to start, and I know there are countless more. I know because I have used them all. Every single excuse there is I have used. And now that I look back on it I am ashamed of myself. And now that shame drives me, it drives me to say "I can". "I can" make it to the gym, "I can" run another mile. I dont wanna give up. I wanna keep going till my body give up, til I can run anymore. That way I know I gave it my best and I didnt get beat by my mind.
So get up off that couch and go walk for 30 minutes. Park as far as you can from the mall and walk the extra distance. Every little step counts. You dont have to start drastic kill yourself at the gym or the on the treadmill. Start small and work your way up. That is how I started and know I get sense of satisfaction of going to the gym or running that extra mile. So try not saying "I can't" and just give it a try. And once you start I know you will NEVER STOP...

If you have any comments or questions feel free to talk about them here, dont be afraid. I am here to help. I have been there and I am still here. My journey has just begun, and I am never gonna stop until I am truly happy with myself and the world I have created for myself. So please talk to me, I can help you and you know you can probably help me... Just try

No comments:

Post a Comment