Wednesday, July 18, 2012

IF YOU HAVE A BODY...........

IF YOU HAVE A BODY YOU ARE AN ATHLETE...........BILL BOWERMAN

What does that statement mean to you?

When most people think of an athlete they think of the people they see on TV. On the field, on the court, or on the track. The truth is, being an athlete starts inside of you. It starts with heart, with a passion, with a drive to better yourself everyday. For years I knew there was drive in me. I knew I had what it took to lose weight, to become healthy, and to better my life. When I started working at Nike and I learned this statement I thought to myself, "There is now way he could be talking to me, there is no way that I could ever be an athlete." So I said that statement over and over in my head, the more I said it the more I started to believe. The more I wanted to be become an athlete. To know that I can go compete. I may not be competing with other people, but I can compete with myself. To push myself to run and hit the gym everyday. To build a passion within me, and to better myself from the inside out. Feeling this way has totally changed the way I see myself. I look at my days more positive, like everyday is a challenge and I wanna win. It makes me feel that I can accomplish anything and actually see myself as a winner. You know how long it has been since I have felt that way, well I know it was high school. That was the last time I saw myself in a positive light, that I looked forward to the day. For all of you that dont know I graduated from high school in 1995. That is 17 years of not having a drive or having a passion. I ask myself, "why the hell has it taken me so long to better myself." That is a question I dont know the answer to, sitting here thinking I really dont know the answer to that question. I do know one thing, I have that drive now and that passion to better my life, to be a better person, to be an ATHLETE...

So for the update, I am about 6 pounds away from being under 300. I think back and the last time I was under 300 was probably around 2006. So for six years I have been 300+. And that is way to long. My runs are starting to get longer and stamina is growing. I never thought that I would be able to go run 4 miles and not be miserable, but I can. I really can. On august 8th I will be 35 years old, 5 years until I am 40. I dont have alot to show for it, but I do know that this year I will be giving myself the best birthday present. That present will be, being able to say that I do not weight 300 pounds. I know when I step on that scale and it says 299 I will be emotional. I know that I will shed tears, but I deserve it...

Thank you Bill Bowerman

GONZO

No comments:

Post a Comment